Friday, October 16, 2009

Mourvedre My Darling, Mourvedre

*Disclaimer: I received this wine as a sample from the PR folks for Quivira Winery

Content Originally Posted on my blog, Wannabe Wino.

I feel like that commercial for hair club for men...I'm not only the founder, I'm a client too...I've been a member of the Quivira Wine Club for going on 4 years now. I have tons of their wines in my basement. I usually tend to sit on the reds for a bit though, so I'm happy to have a chance to taste them earlier through sampling so I can decide what more to order for myself and how long to hold my own bottles. Now, I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Mouredre, Monastrell, Mataro, whatever you want to call it. One of my favorite "obscure" grapes. Tonight I pulled the 2006 Quivira Mourvedre from the basement, thinking it might work well with a pot roast I had made. I'm guessing this retails for around $30....I know I paid $27 for the one I got in a club shipment, it had a real cork closure and clocked in at 14.8% alcohol by volume. It appears this vintage received a score of 89 from Wine Enthusiast, so I'm going to go ahead and cross post this blog over on the 89 Project.

On the nose I found campfire smoke...I love that smell in wine, black fruit, blackberry, boysenberry, cedar, vanilla, chocolate, spice, and herbs. It had that dark brooding nose I love in wine. In the mouth, more black fruit with black cherry thrown in, blackberry, herbs, chocolate and pepper, also some tart raspberries lurking in the background. The wine had nice tannins that will see it through a few years, though we really enjoyed it now with our pot roast!

10 comments:

lalacordle0321 said...

...........................................................................

maxwellboyd said...

Gather roses while you may........................................

遭遇 said...

sex888okktw聊天室0204視訊交友0401成人交友UT聊天室一夜情聊天室寫真美女成人交友脫衣秀線上成人影片視訊聊天室免費視訊UT聊天室交友正妹正妹聊天成人聊天視訊交友視訊聊天視訊聊天影音Live秀

Melinda said...

Wow, what an interesting idea! Cheers 89, and 89 cheers to you.

傷心 said...

0204全裸網,777露點聊天室,Hiav潮吹聊天館,utlive脫衣秀聊天室,口交俱樂部,18禁聊天館,影音俱樂部,無碼俱樂部,uthome脫衣秀做愛聊天室,Hiav下載裸照聊天館,777口交自慰俱樂部,0204正妹淫叫俱樂部,uthome脫衣秀做愛,av辣妹大奶,777口交影音,0204正妹淫叫,utlive網,av聊天館,777俱樂部,0204俱樂部,0204全裸網,Hiav潮吹聊天館,777露點聊天室,utlive脫衣秀聊天室,口交俱樂部,18禁聊天館,影音俱樂部,無碼俱樂部,0204正妹淫叫俱樂部,777口交自慰俱樂部,Hiav下載裸照聊天館,uthome脫衣秀做愛聊天室,0204正妹淫叫,777口交影音,av辣妹大奶,uthome脫衣秀做愛,0204俱樂部,777俱樂部,av聊天館,utlive網

見面 said...

教育的目的,不在應該思考什麼,而是教吾人怎樣思考.........................

Austin Beeman said...

Wow what an interesting comments section. :)

Anyway, Mourvedre is where it is all about. Plummy fruit for those who like that and complex brambly notes. Quivera in particular makes a great example. Thanks for promoting it.

20123 said...

成功等於目前,其他都是這句話的註解。 ..................................................

打扮 said...

舊書不厭百回讀,熟讀深思子自知。........................................

preeti said...

Wine bottles also could be used for personalised birthday gift for our friends and colleagues.